Saturday, August 17, 2013

Heavy Heart

 Today my heart is very heavy! I have been following a page on facebook called Prayers For Corbin. It a story about a little boy who was born with an extra chromosome. His parents were told that he would not survive birth and to prepare themselves. Corbin was born 7 weeks early he was not born healthy but he was born fighting. Fighting for his life and as I followed this little boys journey and read about him having surgery after surgery I couldn't believe the strength that he had and the strength both his parents had. They were not giving up on their little boy. Everyday his mom would post a picture of Corbin with a sign that had a beautiful saying about fighting and not giving up and how many days he has been fighting. Corbin had another surgery he came out of it doing well but later in the week he had developed a bad infection in his stomach. Corbin returned to is heavenly father today at 7:04 in the morning. It broke my heart! Corbin's parents are amazing they made the comment that they will not be mourning Corbin but celebrating his 135 days of life. No black at the funeral but bright colors! I agree his life should be celebrated! A life that was shared with millions of people and touched many. I believe this was Corbin's purpose! I do not believe Corbin's story ends here.

I look at my children and feel so blessed! I know Corbin's mother felt extremely blessed! Her son gave others hope! What an amazing little boy! I know he is at peace now!



This is the last sign that Corbin's mother posted on his last day here on earth! May his family find some comfort in knowing this little boy touched so many lives! Corbin is a miracle in so many ways. I know I will never forget him.....he touched my heart!
Photo: Corbin, today you were taken from my arms and went home to heaven at 7:04 am. It's all still so surreal. Last night, between the laughter, memories, smiles, and tears I asked the nurse, "Are most families like this? Why are we not sad?" Her answer said it all, "You all are celebrating LIFE, you're not mourning." Oh how I loved to hear that. We weren't mourning at all! Sure the thought of you not being here is unbearable but the thought of the life you've lived, means so much more! You spent the last two days surrounded by those that love you, you went outside and you even met your puppy dog Zeus! A million memories into two short days!
You were given a less than 1% chance to live, but you were born! You were told you'd survive hours, but you survived days. Your days became weeks and weeks turned to months. Now 135 days later, I sit here writing to you, so thankful for all that we were able to share with you. I am grateful for the days, the weeks, and the months; every single one!
Today we began the planning of your service and viewing. I never thought this day would come, it's a day I rarely planned for as my hopes for your future were so high. But I am at ease, as are you. We have decided that no black will be worn for this occasion, ONLY bright colors. This is a celebration of LIFE! As you will sleep peaceful in your yellow bow tie, gray suspenders, and black dress pants! You're always dressed for the occasion huh?
This journey; this is your legacy Corbin and mommy promises to make it live on! I love you more than words. I miss you times infinity. But I couldn't have picked a better time or place for you to be called home. Rest well my sweet boy and I will see you on the other side of Heaven. <3.


*Corbin's service and viewing will be Monday. Open to family and close friends. 
Flowers can be sent to:  2100 E. Fifth St., Greenville NC 27836.
If wanting to donate, please send donations to one of these two non profit organizations; tell them Corbin sent you<3

Hope for Trisomy 13 & 18
P.O. Box 921
Springtown, TX 76082

SOFT (Support Organization for Trisomy)
2982 South Union Street
Rochester, NY 14624

A balloon release will be done; time still pending. Please feel free to release a blue balloon in Corbin's honor.  God bless!
Rest in peace Corbin!


No comments:

Post a Comment